Description of PositionThe Cowichan Estuary Restoration and Conservation Association (CERCA) is looking for an ecologically minded person to assist with a short-term project.
Working within a team environment, the person will assist CERCA with organizing one key workshop focusing on sustainable economic development opportunities in the Cowichan Valley (possibly jointly with the CVRD). The purpose of the project is to continue goals and efforts brought forward through our recent symposium on climate change and the economy.
The individual assisting with this would:
* Communicate with individuals who expressed an interest in participating
* Organize logistics of the workshop
* Assist with workshop facilitation
* Submit a report based on workshop outcomes, outlining next steps
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience organizing events and mobilizing people
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
• Has a passion for the environment
• Supports CERCA and will honor our mission and vision
(Not-for-profit operational management skills and asset)
We anticipate the person contributing between 20 and 30 hours during the months of June and July.
Restore the ecological integrity of the Cowichan Estuary for the benefit of First Nations people, Cowichan Valley and provincial residents, the growing number of tourists visiting this unique area for its scenic beauty, wildlife viewing, and nature-based activities, and our children and grandchildren. Achieve responsible, and transparent joint stewardship of the Cowichan Estuary involving all major stakeholders
Interested persons please contact:
250 748 4878
For more information: www.cowichanestuary.com
Contact InformationSend Email to: Goetz Schuerholz
: 250 748 4878