Description of PositionBig Brothers Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley is currently seeking new board members to join our team. The commitment of time and support is not a huge one but it is definitely one that will impact positively the social/emotional health and well-being of children and youth in the Cowichan Valley.
As a Board of Director you would be required to attend a meeting once a month, participate on one-two Committee’s and actively support fundraising projects. Main roles and responsibilities on the Board are; however not limited to (job description available by request):
• Establish policies that guide the organization in achieving its mandate
• Contribute to the process of establishing and implementing the organizations Strategic Plan
• Ensure the agency is adhering to National Standards of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
• Approve budget, review monthly financial statements
• Ensure fiscal stability and financial accountability
• Be informed about agency programs, policies and operational documents
• Participate in the evaluation process established by the Board
Previous board experience is not required. Big Brothers Big Sisters provides a Board manual, training/ orientation for all new and development for ongoing members.
If interested in joining our team please contact email@example.com for a board application or call 250-748-2447 for more information.
For general information about Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley check us out at www.bbbscowichan.ca
Twitter at @BBBSoftheCV
Contact InformationSend Email to: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley